Hello friends. If you guys follow the Fitty Fattys Facebook page, I am always reminding you guys to drink your 8 glasses a day. It is so important to drink water for three key reasons:
1.) It aids in fat loss
Why: Because water is a zero calorie drink. Drinking water instead of juice, milk, etc. saves you a lot of empty calories that your body just doesn’t need. It boost your metabolism, which means that your body is constantly burning calories at a higher rate. Check out my post about why you should avoid juices here.
2.) It helps clear out toxins in your body.
Why: Drinking a lot of water makes you pee a lot! Sorry to be so out there, but it’s true. Through your pee is where your toxins release! LOL I say, keep drinking until your pee is clear… and then drink some more.
3.) Increases Energy
Why: The brain is mostly made up of water. So drinking water helps you think, concentrate better and be more alert. Which means that you’ll have more energy to workout! Or maybe just finish some work.
Other benefits of water include: Clearer skin, digestion, headache relief, joint pains etc… I mean the benefits are endless.
Hopefully I’ve convinced all of you to drink more water, but I know it can be hard to remember to do. So here are five ways to incorporate your 8 glasses of water into your daily routine.
GET A FILTERED WATER BOTTLE: Having a filtered water bottle allows you to keep refilling your bottle anywhere. It helps you save money and keeps water on the tip of your hands throughout the day.
1. Right when you wake up drink a glass of water. This will start up your metabolism and keep you energized throughout the day.
2. Drink water with every meal. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and even snack time. Drinking a cup of water with each meal already knocks off 4 cups of water for your day.
3. Have water close by when you’re working out. There is no doubt that you will be scarfing down water when your in the middle of an intense workout.
4. Take your water bottle with you everywhere! Have it on your desk at work, school EVERYWHERE. Humans have this habit of just eating or drinking whatever is close to them. Sip on it throughout the day, even when you’re not thirsty.
5. If your 8 glasses aren’t fulfilled, drink a glass of water before bed. Getting those toxins out before you sleep is always a good idea. You’ll be ready to release the toxins in the morning, I promise.
And if you just can’t stand the taste of water, you can always add lemon & lime slices, cinnamon, mint etc. The point is to just drink up!
If you follow these tips, you will start to see a change in your body, skin, mind and energy. Just do it! If you have any questions about health or fitness leave a comment below and I’ll be sure to get back to you ASAP!
Oh and follow my Instagram for my daily eats @fittyfattys. Be blessed!
Side Note: During that “time of the month” I have a very bad problem with cramps, constipation and diarrhea. It’s just freaking unbearable, and the only thing that seems to help me is constantly drinking water. Pepto-Bismol has nothing on H20. This is because water helps to produce regular bowel movements. And water also keeps joints lubricated and muscles more elastic, which weakens cramp pains.
Had to save that nasty bit for last. LOL