Ever since I was in high school I’ve been conscious of my eating habits, but I never remained consistent until now. I would be good for a month and then I would fall back into my old ways. I would be so motivated one day, but then the next, you could find me throwing some brownies in the oven (not healthy ones either). So what has changed since then? Well, honestly not much. Below are some simple tips of the slight changes I’ve made to keep me motivated.
1. Follow motivational people on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook. I check Instagram countless times a day. And every time I scroll through my feed there are always motivational pictures about fitness and health. So even when I feel like I want to give up, those pictures get me in check. I mean, I can’t see a picture with a women who used to be 100 lbs over weight and now looks like a model and not work out.
2. Surround yourself with people who seek the same goals as you. All of my friends are on the route to lead a healthier lifestyle. We work out together, inspire each other, and educate each other about this healthy journey. And let’s face it, when you see your friend’s body transform it motivates you even more. (She can’t be the only one looking hot in a bikini). LOL But seriously. It took my boyfriend forever to get on this healthy lifestyle train. He recently lost 9 pounds, and now I’m like “Oh heck no! He can’t pass me up.” Shhh don’t tell him. Pity huh? But whatever works right?
3. Set a goal for yourself. This does not have to be a certain weight specifically. But if you wan’t to get toned legs, a lifted booty, flat abs or whatever you desire. Focus on that one thing. Research how to make these things come to pass and just do it.
4. Take progress pictures. It’s hard to see your body changing by just looking in the mirror everyday. Take pictures so that you can look back a month from now and really see your progress. Once you see that, you’ll be even more determined to keep going.
5. Have faith in yourself. You have to take the time out to motivate yourself. Know that you can do anything you set your mind to. Sometimes you have to keep repeating that until you finally believe. Look at all the success stories. Why can’t you have a success story too? Have faith in yourself, be optimistic, and just do the dang thing!
Hope this helps.