Have you ever just been in a weird mood. Where nothing’s quite wrong, but something is just not right. I really don’t like that feeling, but hey it happens to the best of us. Luckily you DO NOT have to linger in that funky mood. You can get out of it and I’m going to show you how, because well . . . I like you. Yes you! Don’t make this awkward, it’s time to begin.
1. Smile: Smiling releases the feel good chemicals dopamine, endorphins and serotonin. And the crazy thing is, the smile can be forced because your mind doesn’t know the difference. There used to be this bridge that I was totally scared to drive over, but I forced myself to do it anyways. To ease the anxiety I smiled the entire way over. I couldn’t help but to feel happy! It made the drive over so much easier. So go ahead and smile. . . Do it now.
2. Do Something You Like: Paint, cha cha, run, sing! Whatever it is you like to do, do it. For me, simply writing this post has boosted my mood, because writing (when I’m in the mood to) is something I love to do. Do something you love and you’ll immediately give your mood a boost.
3. Be Grateful: Studies show that being grateful leads to increase in happiness. But I think about it like this, if you’re constantly focusing on what you are grateful for, you have no room for negative thoughts. Write down 10 things that you are grateful for and just focus on those things and see how it makes you feel. I don’t know about you, but when I think about my nephew’s smile I am instantly filled with positivity.
4. Be One With Nature: Exposure to nature reduces stress and boost well-being. Take a walk and soak up the sun. Literally breathe in the nature. Gaze at the leaves blowing in the wind, feel the warmth of the sun on your nose and just really bask in the nature that God has provided us. Ommmmmm.
5. Move: Exercise reduces stress, wards off anxiety and dissipates the feeling of depression. When you exercise, your body releases endorphins, which triggers a positive feeling in the body. Personally, I like to dance to get my exercise in. You know, drop it like it’s hot a few times and I’m good. But really throw on some Beyonce full blast and dance your butt off!
6. Listen to GOOD Music: Studies show that listening to positive upbeat music elevates your mood. But remember the word “positive”. Listening to sad or angry music can cause those moods as well. So really pay attention to what you’re constantly listening to. Now vibe out!
7. Laugh: Laughter relaxes your body, decreases stress hormones and releases the feel good hormone, endorphins. So literally LOL, you’ll feel so much better.
But before you do all of these mood boosters I suggest really pin pointing what it is that is making you feel this weird way. Confront it, address it and know that everything is going to be OK. Because it really is. Often times we are worried about things that haven’t even happened yet and will probably never happen. So put your trust in the Lord and just have faith that everything really is going to be OK. I’ve realized that God never ever everrrrr let me down.
I hope these tips help! Leave a comment below and let me know what you do to boost your mood. I want to know!!!