Watermelon Ginger Juice Recipe

Watermelon Ginger Juice RecipeIMG_9180Hello beautiful people! I feel so refreshed writing this post because I’m reflecting on how very refreshing this Watermelon Ginger Juice was. It’s like a beautiful summer day on the beach in mason jar. I was first introduced to this drink on vacation with my besties in San Marcos. The beautiful Deborah from Redefining Beauty whipped this up for us one night after a late night dip in the lake and every since I’ve been hooked. I knew I had to make one for myself. With a some minor tweaks to the recipe I made the perfect watermelon ginger juice. It’s the absolutely perfect healthy drink going into the spring and diving into the summer. This drink is guaranteed to be a hit at any backyard function. I’m making it for my upcoming Book Club gathering. You can join here if you’d like!

But before we get into this oh-so-simple recipe you need to know some of the benefits of each of these ingredients.


Watermelon: Relieves muscles soreness, improves cardiovascular health, encourages a healthy digestive tract, reduces risk of cancer, keeps you hydrated, *keeps skin and hair healthy.

Ginger: Provides gastrointestinal relief (dizziness, vomiting, motion sickness, nausea etc.) , induces cell death in cancer cells, boost immune system, anti-inflammatory, migraine relief, promotes brain health,  promotes healthy blood pressure, treats allergies, menstrual cramp relief, protects from UV rays.

Strawberries: Boost immune system, promote eye health, promotes skin health, fights bad cholesterol, regulate blood pressure, helps burn stored fat, promotes bone health, boost short term memory.

Lime: Ease constipation, promotes gum health, aids in weight loss, promotes heart health, promotes healthy skin, fights harmful bacteria (e. coli, food poisoning etc. ), asthma prevention.


1/2 of a Large Watermelon, 25% frozen 75% regular

Strawberries, 4 frozen & 6 regular

1 Lime

4 inches of Ginger


Step One: Cut up half of a large watermelon into cubes. Place 25% of the cut watermelon in the freezer until completely frozen. Leave the other 75% of the watermelon in the refrigerator.

Step Two: Cut off the stems of 10 strawberries. Freeze four of them and refrigerate the other six.

Step Three: Wash & skin ginger. Then grate about 4 inches of the ginger.

Step Four: Place all ingredients in blender squeeze in the juice of one small lime.

Step Five: Blend until until smooth. Serve in a mason jar (because it’s cute). Then store the rest in the refrigerator.

Enjoy Fitty Fattys. It’s just that easy. 

The process with pictures:

Screen Shot 2016-03-20 at 4.11.36 PM

watermelon ginger juice IMG_9170


xoxo Fitty Fattys

You Might Also Like


  • Reply Juicer Tips May 4, 2016 at 1:16 am

    My husband loves watermelon Ginger Juice at a restaurant that we frequent. I know he’d love this. Thanks for the recipe!

    • Reply fittyfattys May 16, 2016 at 8:07 pm

      I know he will love it! So refreshing! Thanks for coming!

    Leave a Reply